BED BUG EXTERMINATION
Bed bugs are difficult to detect and always require professional assistance to fully get rid of them in your home or business.
CONTROL AND EXTERMINATION
Bed bugs have made a resurgence in the South Texas area and many people are understandably concerned! With PPP Texas Pest Control, you’ve come to the right place. We’re the Bed Bug Control Experts and we’ll help you deal with these pests.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Bed bugs are blood-sucking insects that feed on warm-blooded animals, usually people and household pets.
- They are small and brown but can turn dark red after feasting on blood like a tick.
- They are mostly nocturnal, feeding at night but they will feed during the day if they have the chance.
- Bed bugs take advantage of their hosts while they sleep for the most part.
- Bed bugs find their hosts by the carbon dioxide that is given off by warm-blooded animals like humans.
- Female bed bugs can lay up to 5 eggs a day and 500 in their lifetime.
- Bed bug eggs hatch in 7-20 days.
- Adult bed bugs can survive 6-12 months without blood and only need 3-5 minutes to feed.
- Bed bugs will travel up to 100 feet back and forth to find a meal.
- Bed bugs use their saliva and special mouth parts to suck blood without their hosts noticing.
OTHER BED BUG FACTS:
- The mouth parts consist of two tubes; one tube injects an anesthetic along with anti-clotting saliva and the other tube is used to draw-up the blood into the body.
- It is the saliva that causes the swelling and itch of the bite.
- They are not indicators of unsanitary conditions.
- These insects will infest the most extravagant hotels or the most humble of homes if they can get inside.
- They do not transmit any diseases as far as we know.
- They do not stay or attach themselves to a host to get a blood meal. After feeding, they will run off the host and scurry back to their hiding places.
- They will often congregate together.
WHERE BED BUGS COME FROM
Bed bugs love to hang out where people congregate: gym lockers, cruise ships, hotels, movie theaters, airplanes, taxis, buses; basically, anywhere you like to gather there’s a risk for bed bugs. How can you prevent bringing bed bugs home? Research is key! Investigate any hotels you stay in and make sure they’re bed bug-free. Wash down your luggage and clothes and purses after returning from any long trip: foreign or domestic.
If you suspect bed bugs in your home, don’t wait: contact PPP Texas Pest Control to have your home professionally treated for bed bugs. Remember: bed bugs are not any indication of the cleanliness of your home. Even 5-star hotels have had bed bugs before. So if you suspect bed bugs, contact PPP Texas Pest Control.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP! CALL (858) 576-0422
The best quality pest control services for both Residential and Commercial properties.